The promulgation of the Employees’ State Insurance Act, 1948 envisaged an integrated need based Social Insurance Scheme that would protect the interest of the workers in contingency such as sickness, maternity, temporary or permanent physical disablement resulting in loss of wages or earning capacities in death due to employment injury. The Act also guarantees reasonably good Medical Care to workers and their immediate dependents.
To provide Social Security and Medical Care Services to ESI Beneficiaries of the State.
• Timely delivery of Medical Benefits to the Insured Persons and their dependents that would protect the interest of the Beneficiaries in contingency such as Diseases, Disability and Distress through the provision of reasonably good Medical, Surgical and Obstetric treatment.
• Towards prompt handling of grievances of the Beneficiaries.
• Towards cleaner environment to Insured Persons and Staff.
• To extend the ESI Scheme to new areas to implement ESI Scheme and decision of Government in this regard.
• To work together with the State Government for providing quality Medical Care Services to the Beneficiaries.
• To insure smooth delivery of Medical Benefit to ESI Beneficiaries.
• To arrange Medical Care Services for ESI Beneficiaries though ESI Dispensaries setup by the State.