Administrative Setup of the ESI Corporation
1. ESIC Headquarter
- Apex Central Office at New Delhi.
- Director General (DG) appointed by the Central Government in consultation with the Corporation functions as the Chief Executive of the Corporation.
- DG is assisted by a Financial Commissioner, Insurance Commissioner and Medical Commissioner as divisional heads.
- Vital support services are provided by Administrative Branch, Actuarial Branch, Public Relations Branch, vigilance Branch, Planning and Development Branch, Construction Branch, System and Management Services Units and HRD Branch etc.
- Responsible for translating the decisions of the Corporation into action.
- Co-ordination with Central/State Governments, members of the Corporation and other statutory bodies.
- Overall development and administration of the Scheme.
- Manpower management of the Corporation and financial management etc.
2. Regional Office & SSMC/RDMC Office
- Regional Director
- Regional Office in most of the States have been set up and sub- Regional Office in certain dense industrial areas for smooth operation and functioning of the scheme.
- Regional Offices are headed by Regional Director who in turn report to ESIC Hqr.
- Regional Office for the North Eastern States is located in Guwahati, Bamunni Maidan.
- Responsible for administering the scheme in their respective States/areas of operation.
- Activities comprise
- Implementation in co-ordination with State Governments.
- Inspections, surveys and enforcement.
- Collection of revenue.
- Administration of local offices, cash offices and inspection offices.
- Repair and maintenance of buildings owned by the Corporation.
- Delivery of cash benefits to ESI beneficiaries.
3. Senior State Medical Commissioner (SSMC) NER
- On the medical side various regions have been grouped together into zones and SSMC posted for each zone.
- Medical Referees are posted in each region and are under SSMC.
- Responsible for co-ordination of various Medical matters with respective State Governments and in turn report to ESIC Hqr.
- SSMC is now posted in Guwahati for the North Eastern Region w.e.f 1/10/2015.